Many superintendents got their start as course workers. If you’re interested in a career in golf, the QGSA and its members can provide valuable assistance.
The QGSA offers student bursaries, training for course employees, and a wealth of information and networking activities that will help you understand course and player management practices in light of demands from owners, green committees, and so on.
Superintendents are always looking for the best talent available. If you’re interested in working in golf, step up and ask your superintendent for in-the-field training. It’s sure to be a major asset for your career.
Don’t wait! Invest in your skills today and join the QGSA.
BENEFITS TO MEMBERS
- Receive grassmaniac, a high quality specialized magazine published at least three times a year, that informs members on the industry latest developments and state-of-the-art techniques, as well as on the association’s major activities.
- Access to programs of continuing education designed to help you succeed and prepare your future.
- Membership in an association that promotes continuing education for its members and offers financial support through bursaries to students that want to become superintendent.
- Participation in social activities like the traditional golf tournaments (two per year) to utterly promote professional and social networking
- Participation in the annual conference, seminars and trade shows which are great informative and developmental resources provided by the association.
- Listing in the member directory, which is an ideal tool of reference. The directory is updated and distributed on an annual basis.
- A personalized membership card..
- Access to the member section of the association’s website which was developed by and for members in order to maximize this source of information.
- Access to one of the best channels of distribution for job offers in the industry.
- Membership in an association which carries credibility in important industry debates and which is actively involved in topics like environment, pesticide, etc.
- Membership in an association that promotes scientific research related to the management and maintenance of golf courses.
- Advantage of various member services, e.g. Bulk mailing, job offer listing, member lists and labels...
- Membership in the only association in Quebec recognized as a leader in the golf course management and maintenance.
- Free access to an appointment of an hour with a legal expert.